Languages spoken: French, English
Height/weight: 5’6" / 136 lbs
Education: French Economic Baccalaureate
Current sports played: Tennis, racquetball, swimming
Hobbies: Motorsports, racing simulators (Rfactor), tennis
Snapshot: I started racing quite late, when I was 15, by seeing my father driving in Europe. Before trying to become a racing champion, I had the ambition to become a tennis professional. I played tennis for 12 years (from 3 to 15 years old), then I had knee problems which forced me to stop. Then I discovered racing and that’s my new target – to become an IndyCar champion in a few years by growing up through the Mazda Road to Indy. Apart from that, I’m an ambitious and competitive driver. I’m always concentrating on my goal during a race weekend, but I like having laughs with my friends when I have the occasion!
Racing goal: To become a Verizon IndyCar Series champion by winning every championship on the way up, step by step, starting with the USF2000 championship last year!
Racing hero: Ayrton Senna.
My fitness routine includes: A couple of hours of daily training (cardio, body workout, swimming)
Any pre-race rituals or superstitions: I climb in my car every time from the same side (left side)
An interesting note about me: I have the ability to learn a new track very quickly and to be on a good pace early
- Finished third in the Pro Mazda Championship Presented by Cooper Tires title chase, with a pole position, six podium finishes and a sweep of both races at Mid-Ohio
- Earned the Hi-Tide Boat Lifts Kids On Track Spirit Award, given to the driver that embodies "the heart of a champion" as they aspire to reach their goals
- Won the Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda title in dominant fashion, with 10 wins, 13 poles, and podium finishes in all but one of the 16 races
- Set new records for pole positions and podiums in a season.
- Awarded the ReplayXD Move of the Race at the Grand Prix of Indianapolis
- Won the pre-season Cooper Tire Winterfest championship with four podium finishes in six events, including a win in the finale at Barber Motorsports Park
- Finished ninth in the championship in his rookie Cooper Tires USF2000 Powered by Mazda season, with 10 top-10 finishes, two top-five drives and a podium finish of third in the season-opener at St. Petersburg
- Moved up to the Formula Renault 2.0 North European Championship, finishing seventh in points with one podium finish at Silverstone in England
- Graduated to cars, finishing seventh in the French Formula 4 Championship as a rookie with four podium finishes in the last six races
- Began his career in karting at age 15
- Competed in the Rotax Max Junior French Championship with several strong results, including a podium finish