#9 Mazda/Rice Lake Weighing Systems
|Birthdate: ||December 13, 1991 |
|Hometown: ||Rice Lake, Wisconsin |
|Residence: ||Birchwood, Wisconsin |
|Website: ||AaronTelitz.com |
|Facebook: ||Aaron Telitz |
|YouTube: ||Aaron Telitz |
|Team Website: ||BelardiAutoRacing.com |
| || |
Mazda, Rice Lake Weighing Systems, Morrie's Auto Group, Rising Star Racing, Styled Aesthetic, Fred Thomas Resort, Oktane Visual, Bell Helmets, Sparco
Languages spoken: English
Height/weight: 5’7" / 140 lbs.
Education: Senior at the University Wisconsin Eau Claire, majoring in geography information sciences
Current sports played: Snowboarding, wakeboarding, golf
Hobbies: Racing, golf, snowboarding, wakeboarding, Star Wars
Snapshot: I'm just a small town kid who took a shot on my dream job and so far have gotten very lucky.
Racing goal: My main two racing goals are to win the Indianapolis 500 and be a champion of the Verizon IndyCar Series.
Racing hero: James Hunt
My fitness routine includes: I try to run a few times a week and mix in some weight training on days when I don't run.
Pre-race rituals or superstitions: I try to get as calm as possible sitting in the car before a race.
The one talent I wish I had: I wish I had Jedi powers.
An interesting note about me: I grew up on a fishing resort in northern Wisconsin and my first job at eight years old (I still do this while I’m home) was cleaning fish for resort guests. I can filet a bluegill in 25 seconds.
- Won the Pro Mazda Championship Presented by Cooper Tires with six victories, 10 pole positions and 13 total podium finishes in 16 races
- Named BBS Rookie of the Year
- Claimed the second consecutive Pro Mazda title for Team Pelfrey
- Earned a Mazda scholarship and prize package worth $601,700 toward his 2017 Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires campaign
- Finished third in a hard-fought Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda title chase with a victory, five second-place finishes and five third-places
- Earned 11 podium finishes in 16 races
- Claimed the ReplayXD Move of the Race at Barber Motorsports Park
- Finished fourth and earned Rookie of the Year honors in the Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda with six podium finishes, 11 top-10 finishes and a victory in the “Night Before the ‘500” at Lucas Oil Raceway
- Earned the USF2000 “Spirit Award” presented to a driver or team who embodies the heart of a champion as they strive to reach their goals
- Won a Team USA Scholarship to race in England, taking three pole positions and winning a heat and a semi-final race in the British Formula Ford Festival.
- Posted fastest time at the Chris Griffis Memorial Mazda Road to Indy test -- first official outing in a USF2000 car
- Won the Skip Barber Championship Shootout and the $200,000 MAZDASPEED scholarship to compete in the 2014 Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda
- Selected as a finalist for the Team USA Scholarship
- Placed third in the F1600 Championship Series
- Finished second in the Skip Barber Racing Winter Series
- Finished fifth at the Skip Barber Championship Shootout
- Set fastest lap of the night at Malibu Grand Prix, May 3
- Competed in 12 Skip Barber Racing Summer Series races, claiming five wins and four additional podium finishes
- Placed fourth in the Skip Barber Racing Karting Scholarship Shootout
- Competed in karting on the SKUSA Pro Tour